Tom Strodtbeck is CEO of Strodtbeck & Company Ltd., a UK based consultancy specialising in professional development, strategic services and global market strategies for entrepreneurial programs and ecosystems.
The firm collaborates with an international partner base to assist government agencies, associations, investors and other stakeholders to develop world-class entrepreneurship programs, and to assist growing firms to scale and access international markets.
From 2009 to 2015, Strodtbeck & Company provided professional development and international strategic services to The National Business Incubation Association (now InBIA), a US-based organisation representing business incubator, accelerator and entrepreneurship centre managers. Tom oversaw their international projects and training programming, leading project teams in Asia, Latin America, Europe and Africa. Strodtbeck & Company has worked with clients in over 25 countries. Recent projects include:
- The European Investment Bank Accelerator Development Project (Amman, Jordan)
- The BADIR Program for Technology Incubation (Riyadh, Saudi Arabia) US Immersion and Professional Development Tour
- The Khalifa Fund, (Abu Dhabi) Incubator Management Training and Investor Readiness Bootcamp
- Malaysian Biotechnology Corporation Biotech Incubator Training Programme
- The Institute for Information Industry (Taiwan) London Immersion Tour and Investor Pitch Programme
- UN Development Program (UNDP) West Africa Incubator Management Training Programme
- Santander Commercial Banking (UK) Lean Startup Training Programme
- The Moscow State Institute of International Relations Study of Russian Incubation Programmes
- The InfoComm Development Authority (Singapore) Study of Singapore Entrepreneurial
- The Leijre Kommune (Denmark) Business Model Canvas Training Programme
- The Global Accelerator Network (formerly Tech Stars Network, US), Asian and European partnership development
Tom regularly speaks at innovation, investment and entrepreneurship events, and has keynoted programs on behalf of the The Asian-Pacific Economic Cooperation Forum, National University of Singapore, The International Festival of Business, the Beijing International Technology Transfer Congress, The Malaysian Technology Development Corporation and the European Forum for Innovative Startups.
From 2005-2009 Tom was director of events and training for NBIA, where he led a dramatic expansion of their professional development offerings. Under Tom’s direction, NBIA launched The certificate Program for Incubator Managers, in 2006. The programme has been offered to professionals around the world and has been translated into Spanish, Chinese and Russian.
Tom is a visiting lecturer on entrepreneurship at Liverpool John Moores University. He is also a participant in the US State Department’s Leading Entrepreneurship Expert Partnership, and has spoken at US Embassies in Belgium, Ireland and Finland. An active mentor, Tom works with startups in programmes in the United Kingdom, Middle East and the United States.
Tom lives in Liverpool, United Kingdom.