George Dimitriou has a M.Sc. in Mathematics & Computer Science, from the Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany and a Business Administration degree from the University in New Orleans, U.S.A.
He has extensive and significant experience (over 35 years):
- as Project Director, Team Leader or Expert of large international donor technical assistance projects in 15 countries,
- of policy, planning, human resources, risk management, Governance structures, and monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects,
- in design, implementation and evaluation of ICT Systems, e-government (Tax and Customs organizations), e-business,
- in design of IT systems for monitoring, management and evaluation of Programmes (Operational Programs, PHARE, ISPA, Interreg etc.) and
- in capacity building including Training and the development of training material in Information Technology and Business Planning in public bodies in transition countries.