Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
The Health and Biotechnology sector (cosmetics, toiletries, pharmaceuticals, food, chemistry and health services) has been identified as one of the strategic sectors for Brazil. This event organised by ELAN Network Brazil (led by Anprotec) aims to promote the generation of technology-based business opportunities between European and Brazilian companies.
- Identify the challenges in the Health and Biotechnology sector in Brazil and generate spaces and mechanisms to help transform these challenges into sustainable collaboration between SMEs from Europe and Brazil to develop technology-based business opportunities.
- Consolidate collaboration areas in the business opportunities based in technology and innovation.
- Provide a space to find the right partners to overcome existing and future market challenges.
- Link agents supporting business opportunity generation , such as financial bodies, market and technology experts, initiatives for the promotion of business between Brazil and Europe, etc.
- Generate bilateral meetings between potential European and Brazilian partnersin order to promote the co-generation of specific opportunities..
Brazil is a hub used by foreign health companies to penetrate the Latin American market. Brazil is the largest market in South America, accounting for 40% of demand. The country is also part of regional trade agreements allowing Brazilian based exporters to sell pharmaceuticals duty free or with highly preferential conditions within Latin America. Furthermore, regulations allow most pharmaceuticals and medical devices made in Brazil to be sold directly in most Brazilian export markets. Further opportunities exist in the area of e-health/m-health which is a high growth market in Brazil. The biotechnology sector has over 230 companies serving a $6-7 billion market (2016).
This event is the third that the ELAN Network has organised in Brazil . In 2016, more than 50 bilateral meetings were held and over 30 business opportunities were identified between European and Brazilian SMEs.
Organiser : ANPROTEC in collaboration with FIESP, ABIMO, CPqD, Agência USP de Inovação, CONFAP, BIOMINAS and TECNALIA
Hashtag : #ELANnetworkBR
Back to Event list